XDS 2023 Health and Safety
On September 6-8, 2023, we will deliver the 11th annual XDS event in Vancouver, Canada to bring together the community of external development professionals.
The health and safety of our attendees, sponsors, exhibitors and staff (referred to below as ‘participants’) is top of mind. As such XDS 2023 we will work to ensure that this year’s event complies with Canadian Federal, Provincial and Municipal health standards related to vaccination, masking and testing.
Planning for this year’s event includes actively engaging with key stakeholders including Vancouver Coastal Health and the Provincial Health Office – and we will be guided by their advice to ensure any COVID-19 protocols or recommendations related to indoor events are implemented.
At this time, there are no mandatory health & safety requirements of event participants. However this may be subject to change if deemed necessary by the above mentioned stakeholders.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If any participant is not feeling well, they are instructed to NOT attend the event. This includes:
- Exhibiting symptoms of cold, flu, or COVID-19
- Have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within 10 days prior
Those in this situation who are staying at one of our on-site hotels should isolate in their room, and make the front desk aware of your situation. Dial “0” from your guestroom phone to have additional hotel items (towels, soap, toiletries, etc) delivered outside your door. In room dining is available 24/7 and will be a touchless delivery & tray pick up to allow you to isolate. Event registration fee will be refunded accordingly.
Further COVID-19 Measures
The following additional health and safety measures will be put in place in order to create a safer environment for our participants.
- Guests can wear masks at their own comfort level, even though there is no mask mandate in British Columbia at this point in time
- Masks will be available by request at both the main and the Connect Zone registration desks
- Volunteers will have masks on hand for distribution by request on the conference floor.
- Furniture is spaced out on the floor to allow for personal distancing.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations are placed at the following locations:
- Each elevator
- Food and drink stations
- Throughout the conference floor, and in each meeting area
- Enhanced / more frequent surface cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants
- F&B Stations include protective sneeze guards
In the event that attendees require a test for COVID-19 for personal reasons, local information can be found here.
XDS Code of Conduct
XDS believes our community should be truly open for everyone. We are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion. This code of conduct outlines our expectations for attendee behavior as well as consequences for unacceptable behavior. Review our Code of Conduct.